President and CEO Shreveport, LA Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) has been shining a light for people with visual impairments through training, services and employment since 1927. Founded by the Lions Clubs as Shreveport Association for the Blind, L.A.B....
Recent Job Postings
Job Title: Ream Accumulator Department: Copy Paper Location: 1107 Burt Street, Shreveport Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Assistant Director, Copy Paper Purpose: Properly boxes finished product according to...
Job Title: Designer Department: Laser, Design, and Die (LDD) Location: 1104 Hawn Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71107 Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, Laser, Design, and Die Duties include but are...
Job Title: Cashier/Customer Service Department: Base Supply Center Location: Fort Polk Self Service Supply Center (SSSC) Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, BSC...
Job Title: Quality Control Inspector Department: Quality Control Location: All Divisions Wage Category: Non-exempt Reports To: Manager, Manufacturing Administrative Duties include but are not limited to: Inspect all incoming...
Job Title: Customer Care Department: Corporate Location: 1826 Claiborne Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71103 Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, Customer Solutions Duties include but are not limited to: Deal...
Job Title: Box Maker/Labeler Department: Laser, Design & Die (LDD) Location: 1104 Hawn Avenue Wage Category: Non-Exempt Report To: Plant Manager Purpose: Ensures labels are secure on all outgoing product...
Don’t see a specific job that matches your qualifications? Please fill out the general application as we are always looking to hire new talent to join the LOUISIANA ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND team!
Department: Accounting Department
Wage Category: Non-Exempt
Report To: Accounting Manager
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Compile data and reports for end-of-month financials
- Maintain accounts receivable/accounts payable
- Compile accounting documents daily: printing and posting of accounts payable and purchase order journals; printing and tracking of aged trial balance; data entry
- Maintaining accurate files of all accounting documents
- Prepare invoices for payment in a timely manner to ensure discounts are taken, and invoices are kept current
- Verification and posting of sales receipts
- Total all sales and miscellaneous charges to individual departments daily
- Monthly monitoring of past due invoices for accounts receivable
- Monthly monitoring of statements for accounts payable
- Other duties as assigned
- An associate degree in Accounting preferred
- 2 to 3 years of bookkeeping experience preferred
- General operating knowledge of office machinery and computer systems
- Knowledge of CounterPoint system and Wide Area Work Flow(WAWF), helpful but not required
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills
Apply for this job
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. All applicants will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or genetics, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.