President and CEO Shreveport, LA Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) has been shining a light for people with visual impairments through training, services and employment since 1927. Founded by the Lions Clubs as Shreveport Association for the Blind, L.A.B....
Recent Job Postings
Job Title: Cashier Department: Base Service Center (BSC) Location: Barksdale Air Force Base Wage Category: Non-exempt Reports To: Manager, BSC Duties include but are not limited to: Greet customers and perform customer service...
Job Title: Sales, Commercial Markets Department: L.A.B. Printing and Office Supply Location: 1826 Claiborne Avenue Wage Category: Exempt Reports To: Director, Print...
Job Title: Ream Accumulator Department: Copy Paper Location: 1107 Burt Street, Shreveport Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Assistant Director, Copy Paper Purpose: Properly boxes finished product according to...
Job Title: Designer Department: Laser, Design, and Die (LDD) Location: 1104 Hawn Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71107 Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, Laser, Design, and Die Duties include but are...
Job Title: Quality Control Inspector Department: Quality Control Location: All Divisions Wage Category: Non-exempt Reports To: Manager, Manufacturing Administrative Duties include but are not limited to: Inspect all incoming...
Job Title: Customer Care Department: Corporate Location: 1826 Claiborne Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71103 Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, Customer Solutions Duties include but are not limited to: Deal...
Job Title: Box Maker/Labeler Department: Laser, Design & Die (LDD) Location: 1104 Hawn Avenue Wage Category: Non-Exempt Report To: Plant Manager Purpose: Ensures labels are secure on all outgoing product...
Don’t see a specific job that matches your qualifications? Please fill out the general application as we are always looking to hire new talent to join the LOUISIANA ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND team!
Job Title: Cashier/Customer Service
Department: Base Supply Center
Location: Fort Polk Self Service Supply Center (SSSC)
Wage Category: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director, BSC Program
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet customers and perform customer service duties
- Assist in product location, merchandising, stocking shelves, and labeling products
- Maintain fully organized, properly tagged, clean store items and shelves
- Validate customer’s buying authority via provided letters and account set up
- Tally purchases using Point of Sale System
- Receive payment from customers, secure appropriate signatures, process payment on the point of Sale System
- Ability to use the cash register for all transactions and process payments
- Monitor and advise on inventory surges and slowdowns as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned by Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager
- May be legally blind or visually impaired
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- General operating knowledge of office machinery and computer systems.
- Professional communications skills promoting customer loyalty.
- Ability to operate Point of Sale System
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other programs
- Physical ability to push, pull and lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Some walking and minimal climbing are required
Apply for this job
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. All applicants will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or genetics, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.