Job Details Job Location Copy Paper - Shreveport, LA Position Type Full Time Description Job Title: Senior Manager, Transportation and Distribution Department: Copy Paper Wage Category: Exempt Location: 1107 Burt Street,...
Recent Job Postings
Base Supply Center (BSC) Outside Sales Manager
Job Details Job Location: Barksdale Base Store - Barksdale AFB, LA Salary Range: $51,000.00 Description Title: Base Supply Center (BSC) Outside Sales Manager Department: Base Supply Center (BSC) Location: ...
Job Title: Designer Department: Laser, Design, and Die (LDD) Location: 1104 Hawn Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71107 Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, Laser, Design, and Die Duties include but are...
Customer Care Representative
Job Title: Customer Care Representative Department: Corporate Location: 1826 Claiborne Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71103 Wage Category: Non-Exempt; $18/hour Reports To: Director, Customer Solutions Duties include but are...
Don’t see a specific job that matches your qualifications? Please fill out the general application as we are always looking to hire new talent to join the LOUISIANA ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND team!
Job Title: Cashier/Customer Service
Department: Base Supply Center
Location: Fort Polk Self Service Supply Center (SSSC)
Wage Category: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director, BSC Program
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet customers and perform customer service duties
- Assist in product location, merchandising, stocking shelves, and labeling products
- Maintain fully organized, properly tagged, clean store items and shelves
- Validate customer’s buying authority via provided letters and account set up
- Tally purchases using Point of Sale System
- Receive payment from customers, secure appropriate signatures, process payment on the point of Sale System
- Ability to use the cash register for all transactions and process payments
- Monitor and advise on inventory surges and slowdowns as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned by Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager
- May be legally blind or visually impaired
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- General operating knowledge of office machinery and computer systems.
- Professional communications skills promoting customer loyalty.
- Ability to operate Point of Sale System
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other programs
- Physical ability to push, pull and lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Some walking and minimal climbing are required
Apply for this job
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. All applicants will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or genetics, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.