President and CEO Shreveport, LA Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) has been shining a light for people with visual impairments through training, services and employment since 1927. Founded by the Lions Clubs as Shreveport Association for the Blind, L.A.B....
Recent Job Postings
Job Title: Cashier Department: Base Service Center (BSC) Location: Barksdale Air Force Base Wage Category: Non-exempt Reports To: Manager, BSC Duties include but are not limited to: Greet customers and perform customer service...
Job Title: Sales, Commercial Markets Department: L.A.B. Printing and Office Supply Location: 1826 Claiborne Avenue Wage Category: Exempt Reports To: Director, Print...
Job Title: Ream Accumulator Department: Copy Paper Location: 1107 Burt Street, Shreveport Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Assistant Director, Copy Paper Purpose: Properly boxes finished product according to...
Job Title: Cashier/Customer Service Department: Base Supply Center Location: Fort Polk Self Service Supply Center (SSSC) Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, BSC...
Job Title: Quality Control Inspector Department: Quality Control Location: All Divisions Wage Category: Non-exempt Reports To: Manager, Manufacturing Administrative Duties include but are not limited to: Inspect all incoming...
Job Title: Customer Care Department: Corporate Location: 1826 Claiborne Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71103 Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, Customer Solutions Duties include but are not limited to: Deal...
Job Title: Box Maker/Labeler Department: Laser, Design & Die (LDD) Location: 1104 Hawn Avenue Wage Category: Non-Exempt Report To: Plant Manager Purpose: Ensures labels are secure on all outgoing product...
Don’t see a specific job that matches your qualifications? Please fill out the general application as we are always looking to hire new talent to join the LOUISIANA ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND team!
Job Title: Designer
Department: Laser, Design, and Die (LDD)
Location: 1104 Hawn Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71107
Wage Category: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director, Laser, Design, and Die
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Generate designs for non-skid kits or pieces by utilizing AutoCAD program
- Assist in the design process
- Assist in meeting production goals
- Establish drawings and checklist for quality assurance inspections
- Ensure designs are properly installed in laser cutter before manufacturing
- Maintain detailed records of all designs in readily assessable files
- Communicate effectively with military personnel and original equipment manufacturers both verbally and in writing
- Be familiar with costing practices
- Be available to work flexible hours when required
- Ensure detailed records of all engineering drawings and designs are accurate and formatted correctly on servers in readily assessable files
- Research and development of new products and equipment
- Have a firm operating knowledge of Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) machine operations and software
- All other duties deemed necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Formal training on AutoCAD software or two years of practical experience
- General operating knowledge of office machinery and computer systems
- General operating knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe software
- Must be a self-starter and work efficiently without supervision
- Must be self-motivated to finish a task in a timely and efficient manner
Apply for this job
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. All applicants will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or genetics, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.