Job Details Job Location: Barksdale Base Store - Barksdale AFB, LA Salary Range: $51,000.00 Description Title: Base Supply Center (BSC) Outside Sales Manager Department: Base Supply Center (BSC) Location: ...
Recent Job Postings
Job Details Job Location: Copy Paper - Shreveport, LA Salary Range: $13.00 Description Job Title: Corner Inspector Department: Copy Paper Location: Burt Street Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Production Supervisor...
Job Details Job Location: Copy Paper - Shreveport, LA Salary Range $14.00 Description Job Title: Palletizer Department: Copy Paper Location: 1107 Burt Street, Shreveport, LA Reports To: ...
Job Details Job Location Copy Paper - Shreveport, LA Salary Range $15.00 Hourly Position Type Full Time Description Job Title: Baler Operator Department: Copy Paper Location: Burt Street Wage...
Job Details Job Location Headquarters - Shreveport, LA Salary Range $50,000.00 Description Job Title: Director, Customer Service Department: Corporate Wage Category: Exempt Location: Headquarters Reports To: Senior...
Job Details Job Location Headquarters - Shreveport, LA Salary Range $52,000.00 Description Job Title: Director, Transportation and Distribution Department: Corporate Wage Category: Exempt Location: Headquarters Reports...
Job Title: Forklift Operator/Handler Department: Copy Paper Division Location: 1107 Burt Street Wage Category: Non-Exempt Report To: Warehouse Supervisor Date: January...
Title: Wrapper Operator Department: Copy Paper Location: 1107 Burt Street Wage Category: Non-Exempt Report To: Assistant Plant Director Duties include but are not limited to: Serve as a backup for...
Job Title: Designer Department: Laser, Design, and Die (LDD) Location: 1104 Hawn Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71107 Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, Laser, Design, and Die Duties include but are...
Job Title: Cashier/Customer Service Department: Base Supply Center Location: Fort Polk Self Service Supply Center (SSSC) Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, BSC...
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: 1826 Claiborne Avenue, Shreveport, LA
Wage Category: Exempt
Reports To: President & Chief Executive Officer (PCEO)
Date: December 5, 2022 – until filled
Overview: The Executive Assistant is the senior official who provides support to the President & Chief Executive Officer (PCEO). The position requires the incumbent to use good independent judgment and discretion in conducting Executive and Board level responsibilities and to meet strict standards of confidentiality and trustworthiness in fulfilling responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or ensure administrative and logistical support for executive meetings, staff meetings, outside events, and assist with company social events, including, but not limited to reserving conference rooms, site selection, ordering audiovisual equipment, ordering food, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Organize and manage demanding calendars as well as assist with setting priorities for the PCEO and Executive Team with a complex schedule of business and personal matters.
- Assist with daily time management schedule for PCEO, ensuring PCEO is punctual for daily meetings, anticipating any conflicts, issues and rescheduling appropriately. Confirming and coordinating appointments and logistics.
- Primary gatekeeper and personal liaison for PCEO.
- Receive and screen incoming telephone calls for the PCEO. Direct calls to other personnel or reply to inquiries without referring to supervisor.
- Draft correspondence (emails, letters, etc.)
- Review applications, contracts, and other documents with PCEO.
- Manage contract filing system.
- Conduct and prepare research the PCEO may require.
- Ability to quickly assess any given situation and manage it with a professional and skilled response.
- Manage travel arrangements for PCEO and Executive Team and others as necessary (flights, accommodations, and ground transportation).
- Occasionally traveling off-site and providing transportation for the PCEO to meetings and events.
- Run errands to perform shopping requirements as needed.
- Report concerns about financial transactions to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Administration.
- Reconcile company credit card accounts in a timely manner to ensure on-time payment. Report concerns about credit card transactions to the CFO and Administration.
- Prepare and process expense reports via the expense management system; Track credit card receipts and reconcile monthly for PCEO and Senior Leadership Team.
Board of Directors Support
- Work with Board officers, committee chairs, and members to arrange meetings as needed, including logistical support such as reserving meeting locations, ensuring the good working order of applicable technology, etc.
- Prepare and transcribe Board and committee meeting materials, including draft agenda, meeting minutes, and other materials as needed.
- Ensure responses are received from intended meeting attendees, including obtaining written proxies as needed.
- Serve as primary support to collect answers to Board inquiries from relevant staff, and conduct other duties as requested.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an executive assistant/support position. Prior experience supporting multiple executives and board members is a plus.
- Specialized Knowledge: Self-starter who can work independently while carrying out numerous assignments. Excellent oral and written communications skills, including a strong sense of grammar, punctuation, and written communication style guidelines. Strong organization, problem-solving, and computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and internet proficiency required. Excellent judgment and an ability to handle confidential work with tact and discretion.
- Core Competencies: Accountability, communication skills, ethics/integrity, customer care, job knowledge, technical skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask. Capable of anticipating needs of PCEO. Remain flexible and calm to handle high stress situations with conflicts and projects.
- Availability: Occasional availability for evening and weekend work.
- Travel: Must be willing and able to provide transportation for the PCEO. Travel overnight (up to 10%).
- If sighted, a current driver’s license and insurance is required.
- Ability to work with people who are blind and/or disabled.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. All applicants will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or genetics, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.