Job Title: Cashier/Customer Service Department: Base Supply Center Location: Fort Polk Self Service Supply Center (SSSC) Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, BSC...
Recent Job Postings
Don’t see a specific job that matches your qualifications? Please fill out the general application as we are always looking to hire new talent to join the LOUISIANA ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND team!
Copy Paper – Shreveport, LA
Title: Machine Operator/Wrapper (2 openings)
Department: Copy Paper
Location: 1107 Burt Street, Shreveport, LA 71107
Wage Category: Non-Exempt
Report To: Production Supervisor
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a backup for Machine Operator/Sheeter and Maintenance/Wrapper Operator
- Be familiar with operational procedures on each equipment item on each production line
- Perform scheduled maintenance
- Continuously monitor machine operation
- Monitor the quality of each item during production and make adjustments as required
- Repair malfunctions
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Perform regular quality checks to ensure products meet standards
- Assist machine operator at the change of rolls and operation of sheeter upon the operator’s absence
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate all production equipment
- Supply all hand tools required to maintain machines properly
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods with frequent bending, lifting, and some climbing.
- Must have one year of production machinery maintenance experience
- Must have basic electrical knowledge
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. All applicants will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or genetics, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.