Job Details Job Location: Barksdale Base Store - Barksdale AFB, LA Salary Range: $51,000.00 Description Title: Base Supply Center (BSC) Outside Sales Manager Department: Base Supply Center (BSC) Location: ...
Senior Manager, Transportation and Distribution
Recent Job Postings
Job Title: Designer Department: Laser, Design, and Die (LDD) Location: 1104 Hawn Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71107 Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, Laser, Design, and Die Duties include but are...
Job Title: Cashier/Customer Service Department: Base Supply Center Location: Fort Polk Self Service Supply Center (SSSC) Wage Category: Non-Exempt Reports To: Director, BSC...
Customer Care Representative
Job Title: Customer Care Representative Department: Corporate Location: 1826 Claiborne Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71103 Wage Category: Non-Exempt; $18/hour Reports To: Director, Customer Solutions Duties include but are...
Don’t see a specific job that matches your qualifications? Please fill out the general application as we are always looking to hire new talent to join the LOUISIANA ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND team!
Job Title: Senior Manager, Transportation and Distribution
Department: Copy Paper
Wage Category: Exempt
Location: 1107 Burt Street, Shreveport, LA 71107
Reports To: Director, Copy Paper
Overview: The Senior Manager, Transportation and Distribution will organize and oversee a team of employees during a specified shift, ensure that products are properly loaded and unloaded, and direct company truck drivers for deliveries.
- Hires, trains, and assigns shift employees and truck drivers.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of the shipping dock.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Oversee the entire shipping process.
- Managing the shipping departments and overseeing employees who work in these departments.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement overall shipping strategy.
- Maintaining inventory records, including keeping track of which items are running low, ordering new supplies, monitoring inventory levels, and disposing of obsolete materials.
- Create and implement shipping policies and procedures and train staff on proper shipping techniques
- Ensuring that all procedures for receiving and shipping are followed correctly.
- Scheduling deliveries and pickups to ensure they occur happen on time.
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure that paperwork is filed correctly.
- Oversee and evaluate all activities of the warehouse/dock and employees, ensuring safe and efficient loading and unloading of all freight.
- Monitor freight movement using various computer software applications.
- Conduct daily inspections, ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and internal laws, regulations, and policies.
- Consult with the production planning team to plan daily deliveries.
- Teach and implement safe lifting and loading techniques and regularly evaluate employees’ compliance.
- Assess efficiency and performance of dispatch and distribution activities; identify and recommend improvements to department and facility.
- Ensure product handling and delivery practices meet customer expectations and daily, weekly, monthly, and annual business objectives.
- Use shipping software to organize and prioritize shipping activities.
- Prepare and present key performance indicators reports.
- Suggest solutions for process optimization.
- Inspect labels and barcodes.
- Set and control shipping and distribution budget.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders (such as warehouse workers, vendors, purchasing managers, suppliers, etc.).
- Negotiate better pricing for shipping transportation with carriers.
- Identify shipping issues and implement solutions promptly.
- Keeping shipping operations within budget without compromising speed or efficiency.
- Process shipment documentation and inspect completed orders.
- Act as a liaison between management, carriers, and shipping customers.
- Collaborate with internal departments to optimize the flow of orders from preparation to shipment.
- Evaluate carrier performance and resolve issues with orders and logistics.
- Comply with shipping industry regulations and company policies.
- Ensure that all procedures for receiving and shipping are followed correctly.
- Ensure equipment is working properly and order repairs when needed.
- Schedule deliveries and pickups to ensure they happen on time.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of truck freight rates.
- Strong understanding of applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements and other related safety policies and best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to monitor and maintain records and inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 7 years related experience required, with prior management experience.
- Knowledge of logistics operations and shipping procedures and documents.
- Hands-on experience with shipping and distribution software.
- Hands-on experience in budgeting and reporting.
- More than five years of experience in the shipping industry.
- Knowledge of shipping industry regulations.
- Prolonged periods standing and up to four hours per shift sitting and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold climates and in an environment with many noises and odors.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. All applicants will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, or genetics, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.