Welcome to our Careers Portal! If you do not see an open position that matches your qualifications at this time please complete a general application to be considered for future openings.
Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) is an innovative organization seeking ambitious and enthusiastic candidates dedicated to helping us achieve our mission to create jobs for people who are blind. We have been a beacon of light for people with visual impairments through training, services, and employment since 1927. Career opportunities exist for people of all experience levels and professional backgrounds. L.A.B. is committed to reducing the 70 percent unemployment rate for those with visual impairments. Employment at L.A.B. is open to individuals who are sighted or blind. L.A.B. continually strives to match applicants’ skills with jobs in our progressive work environments.
In addition to competitive compensation, L.A.B. offers a full benefits package to our employees, which includes:
- Medical insurance plan
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) (employer-funded for employees enrolled in company’s medical insurance)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dental plan (company-paid dental insurance for the employee)
- Vision plan
- Life insurance (company-paid at one time the employee’s salary)
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance (company-paid short-term disability insurance)
- Long-term disability Insurance
- Employee pension plan – 401(k) with full vesting after 90 days
- Seven paid holidays
- Paid time off (vacation and sick days)
- Bereavement Leave
- Business casual attire
- Access to public transportation
Friendly working environments
If you need an accessible accommodation to apply for a position, let us know. Contact a member of human resources at 318-635-6471, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Central Standard.