Barksdale Base Store – Barksdale AFB, LA
Title: Base Supply Center (BSC) Outside Sales Manager
Department: Base Supply Center (BSC)
Location: Bossier City, Louisiana (Barksdale Airforce Base)
Wage Category: Exempt
Report To: BSC Program Director
Overview: The Base Supply Center (BSC) Outside Sales Manager will represent Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.) to all governmental entities at the Federal, State, and local levels in Louisiana. This includes identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major or minor sales and prospective customers for L.A.B.’s BSCs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Become an expert in product knowledge, services, and core values of the Base Supply Centers and the AbilityOne Program.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with government buyers and contract personnel of the Federal, State, and local agencies within Louisiana as new customer account opportunities in BSC and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) sales.
- Research and identify all Louisiana cooperative purchasing platforms for L.A.B. to join.
- Screen bidding platforms daily to find bidding opportunities.
- Create and maintain a bidding process for maximum productivity and organization.
- Utilize available databases to generate government prospecting lists.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing L.A.B. BSC accounts.
- Drive strategic discussions with government entities to identify their needs and provide solutions.
- Generate and present complex quotes and proposals for customers.
- Present sales activities to L.A.B. team weekly.
- Actively use LinkedIn to prospect and promote the company’s postings for brand awareness.
- Attend multiple trade shows and events throughout the year.
- Consistently remain up-to-date on industry news and trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or higher (preferred).
- Prior military service (preferred).
- Government sales experience (1-5 years).
- Ability to travel is required for tradeshows and events.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Comfortable making cold calls daily.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team player.
- Self-starter capable and able to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be able to pass a background check for access to military and federal installations. (Required)
- Prolonged periods of sitting and working on computers.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Prolonged periods of driving. (Travel)
Apply via our website: https://lablind.com/employment.php