Job Title: Client Access Coordinator
Department: Community Services
Location: Low Vision Rehabilitation Center (LVCR)
Wage Category: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Administrative & Clinical Manager
Overview: The Client Access Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Senior Director and professional staff of the Community Services division, its vendors, and clients. Primary responsibilities will include serving as a liaison to new and current clients, staff, and division vendors, such as Louisiana Rehabilitation Services (LRS), Veteran Affairs Medical Center (VAMC), and other health care professionals with related documentation and communication.
- Contact new Orientation and Adjustment to Blindness (OAB) program clients prior to the start date to field questions, review daily office procedures and general policies, and inform them about meal responsibility and transportation.
- Coordinate transportation to/from LVRC for new OAB clients utilizing Louisiana Association for the Blind (L.A.B.)’s internal transportation program.
- Partner with staff to create a monthly OAB training schedule.
- Ensure the new OAB program client intake packet is completed by the end of their first week of training.
- Assign a staff member to act as “Client Coordinator” for new OAB clients.
- Assist with the resolution of problems/issues with clients/patients/staff and maintain written documentation.
- Act as a liaison to address client questions, concerns, or conflicts if Client Coordinator is unavailable.
- Partner with the client coordinator and/or instructor(s) to dispense equipment to OAB clients upon the start of the program.
- Provide customer service in the sensory aids store, as needed.
- Provide front desk support by greeting clients and assisting with paperwork, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely coding and billing services are completed, to including tracking and posting payments.
- Assist consumers in the store when receiving and processing equipment.
- Perform purchasing requisitions.
- Submit claims to insurance companies and other third-party payers to ensure the LVRC is reimbursed for all services provided, and resolve any conflicts regarding these payments.
- Track and document store inventory on a monthly basis.
- Receiving, creating & maintaining medical records for the Optometrist and/or Occupational Therapist.
- Input service authorizations to the client software system.
- Submit departmental client stats on a monthly basis to Vice President, Community Services.
- Must communicate clinical information effectively with referring physicians, optometrists, Louisiana Rehabilitation Services (LRS), Veteran Affairs Medical Center (VAMC), and other health care professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience in a medical practice. Eye clinic preferred, but not required.
- Strong computer skills with specific knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheet, insurance forms, electronic billing, and proprietary software.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with a high level of quality and productivity.
- Physical demands: stooping, standing, turning, bending, kneeling, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work effectively independently and with other team members.